Due to Hurricane Irene, school has been delayed. The day has finally arrived and today was the first day of school for the class of 2024! Congratulations to my dear son, The Little Stud. Today you accomplished the beginning of a lifetime achievement, living is learning and learning is living. As time goes on my love, you will learn that we never stop learning.
The day was not as hectic as I had thought. I took Karion to daycare, and I met the bus at the school. I waited with him and many other students until all the buses had arrived. He blew me a kiss goodbye as he lead the class to the classroom. I watched as my 3lb 9oz baby boy walked away happily with his new classmates and his new "mom" from 9-3:30 5 days a week! The big question.......Did either of us cry? I'm pleased to say we did not. Now I will admit I had a few emotional moments, however I never shed any tears. It saddened me to know Dad had missed yet another important piece of our son history. Then I realized I wasn't alone! I looked around and there were numerous military children who probably have not seen their parent(s) for months and those same parents miss pieces of their children growing up. Although the situation is by far the same, the emotional tie is very similar. I didn't have my video camera but I took enough pictures to send to Dad to make him feel as if he was right there!
I am pleased with the process the school has with putting the children on the bus, although there is a little room for improvement. I witnessed the importance it is for the children to pay attention and make sure they too are getting on the right bus home.
I'm excited about this school year as the will to learn started today!
No comments:
Post a Comment