Thursday, November 18, 2010

9-1-1 There is an emergency!

I had been teaching Dakarion about dialing 911 in the event someone is sick and needs help. His paternal gma is always sick and he is usually there alone with her so I figured I would teach him, since I hear on the news all the time that of some young child that has had to call for help. Now I knew going into this that I was talking about and dealing with a very different child! my own child. So Dakarion has 2 non activated cell phones that I keep charged for him to play with so that he doesn't use my phone for any reason. I am also aware that a non activated phone can dial out to 911 in the event of a true emergency. Well Dakarion is not aware of this, however he does know that the 2 phones do not work and he will never be able to connect a call. Well he apparently killed a spider, yes I will say it again, a spider. He gets his phone and dials 911. Well to his surprise he hears someone on the other end saying "hello"! He runs into my room with the phone screaming someone is on the phone talking to me. I'm like what did you say and then I hear the dispatcher saying "hello"! So I am asking him what did he do and in his frantic voice he says "mom I killed a spider and you said if someone needs help to call 911. Well I didn't mean to kill the spider so he need help"! I guess after she heard the story she decided to hang up before I could get the phone out of his hands.  I thought it was truly a funny moment. That was 2 days ago, he hasn't touched that phone since!

It's time for Christmas and I must be the luckiest parent in the world. I asked him what will he tell Santa he wants for Christmas and he asked me why can't he tell his daddy what he wants. So I said ok you can tell me and I'll tell daddy and he asked for a game like auntie (Wii) and a car set he seen in Toysrus (Tomica hypercity). I said is that all and he said yes! He will w/o a doubt have a very memorable holiday. Although we wish we could have daddy delivered and wrapped under the tree, we understand not at this time.

**MOM**

No comments:

Post a Comment