Thursday, October 14, 2010

Parent Teacher Conference day

Today was my 1st parent teacher conference. I drop/pickup the lil stud once a week from school, so I pretty much know his progress. I still wanted the experience plus the class with the highest turnout gets an ice cream party. I am pleased with what i was told today. The lil stud knows all of his alphabet and he recognizes all 26 letters. The teacher expressed how so many kids memorize the song but can't point out the letters. the lil stud actually can sound them out. I explained to his teacher he watches Nick jr formally Noggin, he learns at daycare and he has the preschool prep 7 disc dvd set. The dvd set includes numbers, shapes, letters, colors and sight words. The lil stud is able to count to 30, he knows all of his basic colors. The teacher is impressed at how well he can write his name. She also informed me that I have a talker which I was somewhat expecting her to say that. I was a talker in school but i didn't do my work, the lil stud is doing his work and finishing ahead of the class. So I will work on this with him at home. He also is unable to open his milk carton but i mean who has cartons of milk at home? Kids drink out of cups or juice boxes at home so i wasn't too surprised but I was however a lil shocked that was worth reporting! i learned my application for reduced lunch was declined. Very irritating. I do not agree with the $2.00 lunch and $1.25 breakfast prices for a 4yr old considering reduced prices are drastically lower, $.40 lunch and $.30 breakfast! I feel if that's the case it all should be like $1.00. I feel cheated b/c if the household receives food stamps or any govt assistance the child automatically qualifies for free lunch! But whatever.
Since the lil stud has been doing well in school I have a surprise for him tomorrow evening. We will be attending the Yo Gabba Gabba party in my city tour! he has no clue where he is going he only knows that he will be going somewhere. i wish I had better seats but he will be pleased with just being there. I'll post pics if i get some and an update of the show.

**MOM**

No comments:

Post a Comment